Puzzle #20

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint 1:

Reorganize the code letters.

Hint 2:
The new word should give you a hint for what to do next...

Comments

• I have finished the book but this is one of the ones I have problems with. I googled the newly rearranged code but I am not sure what I am pairing up. Does that then make a new word?

• The word means atoms that are mirror images of each other...

• Still not getting it. Another hint please

• Hold the page up to a mirror

• These hints make no sense! I've been sat looking in the mirror for ages!!!

• Any more hints?

• I had to skip this one. I've found a 10 letter word and re-arranged it as in the diagram, but it comes out as a nonsense word

E _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ R (then re-arranged). Perhaps I have the wrong word?

What am I doing wrong?

• If you've done it correctly, it is a real word. Look up what it means, as it gives a clue how to solve the puzzle.

• In spite of the hints, I still cannot solve this. I have the word E........R, but when rearranged it makes nonsense.

• edited November 2021

You should have the word

ENANTIOMER. If you look it up, you'll see it refers to a set of molecules that are 'mirror images' of each other...

• So reflect on that page

• Yes.

Try holding it up to a mirror...

• Yes, we've been trying that. The C at the top of the page doesn't reflect as another letter no matter the position.

• It depends how you look at it

• edited January 2023

I keep coming up with the word as is backwards and am not sure what else it could be

• What word are you getting?

• @TachyonBook said:
    What word are you getting?

@Alan said:
    In spite of the hints, I still cannot solve this. I have the word E........R, but when rearranged it makes nonsense.

@Alan said:
    In spite of the hints, I still cannot solve this. I have the word E........R, but when rearranged it makes nonsense.

Turn the book upside down

• edited April 2023

I am so confused by this puzzle. We got the right answer but I have no idea why I need the bottom bit or how you get to the puzzle 17 = word to get to the reorganised word listed here!