Puzzle #30

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint:

Think reflecting mirrors?

Comments

• although i don't need thi code for the next puzzle, i want to find it. I cut the page, I fold it but i can't find a word that fit.

• @Alex

you don’t need to cut or fold page. You need to draw the path that (Code 25) would take through the grid starting from the arrow in the bottom left. Imagine the diagonal lines are mirrors

• am i looking for a word or the shape?

• @alex

so if you follow the path of (Code 25) you will be drawing through the irrelevant letters and be left with a few letter that make up the word you need for the answer

• I'm trying to bounce off the diagonal lines like a laser on mirrors but then you come to a letter and do not know what direction to take- do you just keep going?

• You've got the right idea. If you're doing it right, the line will make it all the way through the maze.

• Hi it makes it through but the letters left make no sense or relate to code 31, which I have already solved- thanks

• Once you make it through, you should be left with a 7 letters that spell a word when taken from top to bottom.

• So it’s one long continuous line? Does the line (laser) ever go back over itself?

• Not back over itself exactly but does cross over many times.

• Do the edges also serve as mirrors?

• No. You only hit the edge once and that's at the end of the puzzle.

• I am so confused! When you come to a diagonal line that is in the direction of the line you are taking, do you just run along it?

• Imagine a laser beam bouncing off mirrors. Everything should bounce off at 45 degrees. So your line will always be going up, down, left or right.

• So, my original thought was to do exactly as you described. However, I started with P in the direction of the arrow, bounced off the "mirror" above it, went to S, then ran into the edge of the page. Should I not start with P? Or not start going straight up? Or I don't understand how code 25s work. What am I missing?

• Starting at P is correct. You should then bounce off the diagonal 'mirror' above and go horizontally left-to-right through O. All lines are either vertical or horizontal. Hope this helps.

• so, i get the idea as far as imagining the diagonal lines are mirrors. however, I am so lost. can I get another hint? or a clue as to how it is supposed to look like from the beginning? I see P,O, then I am lost. This is a really hard one. I wont be able to work on it without another clue. I get to just a letter and dont know if I continue going in that direction or not. Please help.

• @Jeanbean19 said:
    so, i get the idea as far as imagining the diagonal lines are mirrors. however, I am so lost. can I get another hint? or a clue as to how it is supposed to look like from the beginning? I see P,O, then I am lost. This is a really hard one. I wont be able to work on it without another clue. I get to just a letter and dont know if I continue going in that direction or not. Please help.

For example, I have so far POEDIR. the R is at the edge and I am not sure what direction to go from there.

• edited November 2022

The line should pass through P, and reflect off the line above it. It goes straight through O, reflects off the line to the right of it, and goes down, immediately reflecting again and heading right, towards U.

• ok, now it makes a little more sense. So, where would I go from U? just keep going straight? That is where I am confused again.

• Yes keep going straight until you hit another mirror. This one takes you up through E, A, D, I etc.

• edited September 2023

I’m so confused, am I doing this wrong, so far I’ve got Pueall then seem to get to GO or AO I Can’t seem to make a word. Please help

• edited September 2023

So from P, the line should pass through P, and reflect off the line above it. It goes straight through O, reflects off the line to the right of it, and goes down, immediately reflecting again and heading right, towards U.

Once you've traced your way through the entire thing, there will be some letters left over that make a word...

• So I pass through W,M,E,R reflect and go to E,A,D,I. Reflect again and go to V then to G am I on the right path?

• Yes this is exactly correct. You've got it.