Puzzle #35

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint:

Find the five words with repeating pairs of letters.

Comments

• I found 5 words with the same double letters and other 5 with different(same) double letters. I've try to compine only the 5, all of them, but no result.

• edited November 2020

@alex

You are looking for words with the same repeating paired letters for example the word ‘consonant’ has the letters ‘on’ within the word which is the repeated pair

• @KBurn said:
    @alex

You are looking for words with the same repeating paired letters for example the word ‘consonant’ has the letters ‘on’ within the word which is the repeated pair

Thanks a lot!!!

• @Alex yeah no worries ??

• I found the 5 word, is the answer an anagram of the 5 repeating pairs of letters?

• Not an anagram, just capture the five repeating pairs in order.

• Assuming I went back to the correct communication, I found 7 words with repeating pairs of letters. I've tried the first 5 both with and without repeats (as the words repeat within the communication) ...? Any further advice?

• There are only five words with repeating pairs of letters. 'Consonant' is an example because it repeats 'on'. 'Collect' would not be an example because it doesn't repeat a pair of letters. [/spoiler]

• I can only find one place in the entire book that looks like a communication. 3/5 pairs are ER. Anyone willing to hard nudge me in the right direction?

• All five of the words can be found on the Puzzle 35 right hand page.

• @TachyonBook said:
    There are only five words with repeating pairs of letters. 'Consonant' is an example because it repeats 'on'. 'Collect' would not be an example because it doesn't repeat a pair of letters. [/spoiler]

I count six

appropriate, recollection, communication, difficult, enthralled, finally

Assuming that one doesn't belong, what am I supposed to do?

• @jrlauer said:

@TachyonBook said:
    There are only five words with repeating pairs of letters. 'Consonant' is an example because it repeats 'on'. 'Collect' would not be an example because it doesn't repeat a pair of letters. [/spoiler]

I count seven

appropriate, recall, recollection, communication, difficult, enthralled, finally

• 'Appropriate' is one - the 'pr' repeats twice. 'finally' is not one - it does not have repeating pairs of letters.

• @jrlauer said:

@jrlauer said:

@TachyonBook said:

I count seven

appropriate, recall, recollection, communication, difficult, enthralled, finally

Appropriate and recollection are correct (they repeat 'pr' and 'ec' within them. The others are not correct.

• edited December 2022

I took in to mean: 'five words with repeating pairs of letters.' double letters, Pairs. PP LL etc...
    The hint seems a bit misleading.

• Has anyone pointed out "extravagant" is spelt wrongly? When doing the puzzle for the first time, my first though was to look for actual, purposeful mistakes in spelling so that maybe such letters would make up a new word (just saying). Other than that - cool puzzle.