Puzzle #33

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint:

Study each letter to find what each number represents.

Comments

• I don’t know what the last number is in reference to?

• neither do I. I try some numbers and find it

• Think about rotation...

• Still not getting this, please can someone help?

• Which number(s) are you stuck on?

• Ha ha all of them ?. I don't know what O stands for and therefore how to work out X

• edited December 2020

Take each of the letters in turn. See if you can figure out what the numbers relate to. Think about them as letters of the alphabet, but also as shapes.

• Currently we have 2 (separate line sections), 24 (pos. in alphabet) nothing for the third and then 2 for lines of symmetry) but this seems to be wrong?

• I don’t understand this one at all what shapes am I suppose to see

• @thebrick said:

Currently we have 2 (separate line sections), 24 (pos. in alphabet) nothing for the third and then 2 for lines of symmetry) but this seems to be wrong?

You're 3/4 of the way there!

For the third, think about the number of points...

• I don’t understand this at all maybe I’m being thick but this one has me really stuck

• The letter 'L' has 2 end points, one at each end of the letter. 'F' has three 'points', at the bottom of the vertical stroke, and the right ends of both of the horizontal ones. 'O' and 'D' have no hanging points.

How many does 'X' have?

• X has 4 end points but how do you work out the rest of the numbers

• Have a look through the comments above, other people have posted some further clues.

• I am stuck what am I looking at the clues above is not helping me at all. Is there another way of looking at this or explanation that is different?

• I don’t see the letter L

• Don't worry about that image, it is purely background decoration.
    Focus on each of the letters in the puzzle. Try thinking of them as shapes and not just letters.

• i have what i think are the numbers, but do i just type the numbers in?

i got 2, 24, 4, 0, is that correct?

• Last number is incorrect. Rest are right.

• edited November 2022

I have zero idea what the last number is supposed to represent.
    I have

2,24,4,?

Just for the hell of it. I used all 9 numbers for the last number... Nothing works. So what's the answer?!?!?

• Yes that's right so far. Use a space between each of the 4 numbers and you're there.

• @TachyonBook said:
    Yes that's right so far. Use a space between each of the 4 numbers and you're there.

Guess again. I used spaces this time and without knowing what that last number represents, I used all 10 numbers (0-9) and it still doesn't work. This puzzle is very frustrating and I'm getting perturbed.

• edited December 2022

Are you definitely on the right puzzle page? I just checked and it worked.

https://tachyon-book.com/33

2 24 4 2

If you're still having issues, let me know and I'll message you.