Puzzle #38

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint:

Apply the rules at the bottom to the words at the top.

Comments

• Please could I have another hint?

• Start by writing in the three code words: 33 and 31 at the top, and 37 at the bottom.
    Then apply the rules at the bottom to the word at the top. So change the 'H' to an 'A', etc...
    If you've done it correctly, you'll have a new word.

• I understand that when it says 'remove' you take away a letter, but I don't really understand 'to' or 'change'

• You are starting with the word at the top. Applying the letters below to it.

For example, Change H to A means change the letter H at the top to an A.

Complete all of the tasks and you'll end up with a new word.

• @TachyonBook said:

You are starting with the word at the top. Applying the letters below to it.

For example, Change H to A means change the letter H at the top to an A.

Complete all of the tasks and you'll end up with a new word.

Thanks! I appreciate the help, the forum is a good idea that puzzle books I've bought before don't have. :)

• I get changing the letter H to A but can’t seem to get the rest anymore help please

• SHIFT LEFT ONE means move the letter N left one space, so instead of FISANET you have FISNAET.
    Then there's another letter change, and you remove the last 2 letters... what are you left with?

• Which letter do I have to change is it 1 2 3 4 or 5

• You change the H in the top word to an A.

• I did that then you said I would end up with fisnaet and I had to change another letter but which one thanks

• Continue following the rules...change the 'T' to an 'L', and remove the 'E' and 'S'.