Puzzle #53

edited August 2020 in Puzzle Hints

Hint:

There are 9 letters in the code...

Comments

• so the code word. and?

• Not sure what to do with this one

• any new hint?

• so each letter of (Code 51) correlates to one of the patterns in the numbered grid

• edited November 2020

i know that, but how find which letter to number? and the other letters/

• @Alex

it’s just in order (F=1), then once you put letter in corresponding patterned square you get a phrase

• edited November 2020

ok thanks!!

• So if #2 is letter o…then how do we identify which pattern to use? What is a pattern?

• Now you know what the second box pattern is ('O'), you can fill out all the boxes on the right with the same pattern with an O. Do the same for all the letters and you'll uncover a phrase.

• Still not getting it? How do the letters c,q,s,m,etc fit into the patterns. My wild guess of o as a 2nd pattern didn’t help.

• First of all, write in Code 51 on the right page at the bottom.

Then take each letter and map them against the grid in the left page. Each letter in order.

Then, using the left grid as a key, match the patterns on the left to the patterns on the right page and fill in the letters.

Once complete, as you look down the page from top left to bottom right, you will see a phrase spelled out (you won't use ALL of the letters in the diagram, but moving down you should be able to recognise the words).

The first word is

FORCE

• I can sort of see how you got the word provided in the spoiler above. But can't see the logic to consistently apply it to you rest of the puzzle

• Map all of the letters against the picture on the right. Reading from top left to bottom right, you should be able to trace your finger down and recognise several words that make up a phrase.
    Obviously there are some duplicated letters so you'll need to determine what the words are.

• @TachyonBook said:
    Map all of the letters against the picture on the right. Reading from top left to bottom right, you should be able to trace your finger down and recognise several words that make up a phrase.
    Obviously there are some duplicated letters so you'll need to determine what the words are.

Got it - thank you. : )

• I think I have the phrase, but I'm stuck there. Should I type in the phrase or what it means?

When I google the phrase I find a scientist name, a name of the phrase etc....

• What's the last word of the formula, that is missing in the puzzle?